Establishing a relationship with a dentist for your child within 6 months of the first tooth eruption, or by his/her first birthday is an important step to ensure a lifetime of healthy smiles.
Early childhood screenings include:
- Evaluation of eruption and growth patterns to see how the teeth are growing into the mouth
- Education for parents on proper care for the child’s teeth and gums
- Dietary counseling, including discussion on proper foods and beverages
- Individualized preventive dental health program based on risk for decay and gum disease
- Education on what to do in a dental emergency